Graduate Certificate Program
Data Science & Analytics Graduate Certificate Program
The DSA certificate program is a look into the core curriculum of Data Science followed by a domain-specialized emphasis area course. Advanced Big Data and Analytics tools and techniques are used throughout the program coursework. Courses are delivered online or on campus.
Graduate Certificate in Data Science
The certificate program allows students to have an exposure to Data Science concepts without the commitment of a full Master’s Program. It is designed for people working in the field of data that want a quick way to get their skills up to speed.
- DATA_SCI 7600 Introduction to Data Science & Analytics
- DATA_SCI 8610 Statistical and Mathematical Foundations for Data Analytics
- DATA_SCI 8620 Database and Analytics
- DATA_SCI 8650 Big Data Visualization
- Elective – one Data Science course in consultation with the department.
At the conclusion of the Graduate Certificate in Data Science and Analytics, students will:
- Have experience in applying state-of-the-art data science tools and techniques to solve industry, academic, and/or business data and decision-making challenges.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of modern data analytics, statistical analysis, and visualization tools that facilitate timely, large data analysis.
- Be able to effectively communicate to a broad audience the relevant information derived from large data collections using a variety of visualization and presentation methods.
- Understand the fundamental and advanced statistical and mathematical principles upon which advanced data analysis techniques are built.
Students will gain experience through solving real-word Big Data issues and have an opportunity to explore an elective targeted to their emphasis.
Required Credits: (15 Hours)
- 12 Credit hours for Data Science Core Curriculum
- 3 Credit Hours Elective – one Data Science course in consultation with the department.
that I have learned is how to clean up data…how to figure out what is most important and how to tell that story with great visualization.”
Taking the Next Step in Data Science
Large scale data represents opportunity in nearly every field of advanced study. The online graduate certificate in data science and analytics from MU will help you understand the full spectrum of the science and how it can help you make better decisions. If you want to see how data science can help inform and develop future leaders, this may be the certificate for you.
This program was designed for:
- Working professionals who deal with data in their business and have institutional support for data science education.
- Doctoral students of anthropology, biotechnology, business, computer science, geography, geospatial science or related fields.